Former director, interfraternity director relocate to new schools

Times are changing for the Greek Life community as two members of the staff have recently decided to relocate. Recently, Brandon Frye and Bo Mantooth have decided to transfer.

Brandon Frye was the former director of student development at Auburn before he accepted a position at the University of West Florida as the assistant vice president/dean of students, according to Amy Hecht, assistant vice president for student affairs at Auburn.

Bo Mantooth was the former advisor for the Interfraternity Community social fraternities. He also taught the Office of Greek Life for-credit leadership course.

Mantooth has accepted a position at Indiana State University as the director for sorority and fraternity life.

"I finished my Ph.D. during the fall semester in higher education administration and knew that I wanted to progress in student affairs," Mantooth said. "The opportunity for professional progression wasn't possible in student affairs at Auburn, so I had to look elsewhere."

Mantooth said he is happy with his decision to relocate to ISU.

"Professionally--ISU is a great place to work and I'm learning a lot from our associate dean of students and the vice president of student affairs about what it takes to make my next step in student affairs several years down the road," Mantooth said.

Mantooth was at Auburn for six years before leaving.

"Auburn is a great place to work and live," Mantooth said. "We loved our time at Auburn, but with a lot of professional positions, sometimes you have to move on, to move up."

The remaining staff has taken on additional responsibilities.

So far there are no new candidates to fill these spots however Hecht said a position will be posted this spring.

"We will be conducting interviews throughout this semester and students will be involved in that process," Hecht said. "We hope that by this summer we will have candidates here on campus."

Mantooth was happy with the way things were run during his six years working at Auburn and said there were no problems that influenced his decision to leave.

"It was tougher to leave then I thought, but professionally and personally this was a great move."

Share and discuss “Former director, interfraternity director relocate to new schools” on social media.