Update: One killed, two injured in shooting on South College Street

Update: Update Dec. 26, 7:15 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 23, the Auburn Police Division pressed further charges on Shannon D. Williams, 21, Opelika, and Shatarious R. Cobb, 21, Auburn, of felony warrants of attempted murder, according to an APD police report.
These subsequent charges are from an additional victim of the Dec. 15 shooting at Jackie Lee's Bar.
Cobb and Williams were arrested previously for the murder of Marquez J. Patrick, 20, Opelika.
Cobb surrendered to officers and was transported to the Lee County Detention Facility.
Williams was arrested at the Lee County Detention Facility where he is currently held for other unrelated charges.
A bond was set for $75,000 each.
The APD will continue further investigation.

Dec. 18, 8:50 p.m.

The Dec. 15 shooting at the Jackie Lee's Bar took the life of Marquez J. Patrick, 21 Opelika as a result of the injuries he received, according to a Dec. 18 Auburn Police Division Press Release.
Wednesday Dec. 18, the APD arrested Shannon D. Williams, 21, Opelika and Shatarious R. Cobb, 21, Auburn on felony murder warrants.
The East Alabama Medical Clinic treated the other victims, 22-year-old adult male from Auburn and 19-year-old adult male from Loachapoka, were treated and released.
The case is under investigation, and the APD expect additional charges.

Dec. 15:
Early Sunday, Dec. 15, at approximately 2:16 a.m., the Auburn Police received a 911 call regarding a gunshot victim at Jackie Lee's lounge on South College Street, according to a press release by the APD.
"When police and EMS arrived, they discovered 20-year-old Marquez Patrick, of Opelika, with apparent multiple gunshot wounds. Patrick was rushed to East Alabama Medical Center emergency room by (East Alabama Medical Center) EMS," the release read.
Patrick died a shortly after arriving at EAMC and was pronounced dead from his injuries at 3:15 a.m., according to the release.
A 22-year-old from Auburn and a 19-year-old from Loachapoka, were also shot in the incident and were brought to the emergency room by private vehicle.
The two were treated and released.
The release states anyone with information concerning the incident is urged to call the Auburn Police Department at 334-501-3140, or call the Auburn Tip Line at 334-246-1391.
The investigation remains ongoing under the the Auburn Police, Lee County Coroner's Office and the Alabama Dept. of Forensic Sciences.

Share and discuss “Update: One killed, two injured in shooting on South College Street” on social media.