Soccer picks up first points of SEC season against Vanderbilt

Casie Ramsier, (#24) attempting to keep the ball in bounds. (Kenny Moss | Photographer)

Auburn women's soccer went on the road Friday night and pulled out a gutsy scoreless draw in double-overtime in Nashville against Vanderbilt.

Auburn goalkeeper Alyse Scott was the player of the game for Auburn, as she recorded a career-high 10 saves for the Tigers.

Vanderbilt goalkeeper Christiana Ogunsami was also solid, recording 9 saves and holding Auburn scoreless.

Auburn was able to control the first half, with 10 shots and four on target, but was unable to capitalize on the opportunities.

Vanderbilt came to play in the second half, but Alyse Scott made eight saves after halftime to keep the score tied.

The Auburn defense was stout as usual, recording their sixth shutout of the season.

Despite the lack of scoring, Auburn was able to create offensive chances, as they went to overtime with 20 shots.

This was the second consecutive overtime game for the Tigers, as they were defeated in double-overtime last weekend by South Carolina 2-1.

Auburn moves to 6-3-1 overall and 0-1-1 in the SEC. They play next on Sunday at Kentucky at 5 p.m. CT.

Share and discuss “Soccer picks up first points of SEC season against Vanderbilt” on social media.