Malzahn remains focused despite Auburn's loss to the Aggies

Ricardo Louis #5 runs with ball. Texas A&M's vs. Auburn at Auburn, Ala. on Nov 8, 2014. (Emily Enfinger | Assistant Photo Editor)

After a nail-biting victory over Ole Miss last weekend in Oxford, No. 3 Auburn came into the afternoon as a 23.5 point favorite over an unranked and inconsistent Texas A&M team.
However, Kevin Sumlin and company had other plans.
In a game full of pivotal booth reviews and big plays by both offenses, the Aggies were able to capitalize on Auburn's miscues and outlast the Tigers, winning 41-38.
"Obviously we are disappointed with the way the game finished." Coach Malzahn said, "Our kids fought back. We got in a hole early and they had a lot of momentum."
Auburn's home game winning streak ends at 14, and the Tigers will fall to 7-2 on the season with the health of their star receiver D'haquille Williams in question.
In the second quarter, Williams went down with an apparent knee injury and left the field on crutches assisted by the medical staff. He did not return to the game.

Cameron Artis-Payne has eclipsed 1,000 yards rushing on the season. (Photo credit: Kenny Moss) #TAMUvsAUB #WarEagle #Auburn #Aggies #GusBus

A photo posted by The Auburn Plainsman (@theauburnplainsman) on

"I saw what the defense was doing and tried to make an adjustment," Marshall said, "and then the ball just popped out."
Regardless of their record, Coach Malzahn won't let the loss break his team's focus.
"We're going to stick together." Coach Malzahn said. "We fought hard but just didn't get it done in the end."
Auburn now on the outside of the national championship picture looking in, will look to finish the final stretch of their schedule on a positive note and will take on Georgia Nov. 15 in the 118th installment of the Deep South's oldest rivalry.

#Aubie showing his support for #VeteransDay. (Photo credit: Kenny Moss) #TAMUvsAUB #Auburn #Aggies #WarEagle #ThePlains

Share and discuss “Malzahn remains focused despite Auburn's loss to the Aggies” on social media.