Meet the 2015 SGA candidates

(Contributed by Justin Matthews)
(Contributed by Justin Matthews)

DEBATE: Monday, Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.
VOTE: Tuesday, Feb. 10 until 9 p.m. Log on to AUAccess, click the campus life tab and follow the link to cast your vote.
CALLOUTS: Tuesday at 10 p.m.

* Presidential candidate *
Walker Byrd "Be Heard With Byrd"
"There's 25,000 students, and whether they realize this or not, they are all part of student government," Byrd said. "I want every student to have an avenue to complain."
Platform:
Byrd's goals include improvements in academics, athletics, campus life, campus safety, international student life, student voice and transportation.
Byrd said he wants to update the model for class registration, improve the overall game day experience, improve and expand the student center, improve road safety, improve the Auburn experience for international students, expand Auburn Answers and improve late-night transportation.

* Vice Presidential candidate *
Justin Mathews "All In With Justin"
"I want to stress the ways that students can make a difference," Mathews said. "Auburn is a very student-empowered campus, and students have the ability to make a lot of change."
Platform:
Mathews said he wants to bridge the gap between students and senators.
Mathews said he also wants to improve the senate portion of the SGA website by focusing on current legislature and informing students about how they can get involved.
Mathews said he wants to expand the Student Center to provide a better atmostphere for students.

*Treasurer candidate *
Brett Walton "Bank On Brett"
"It's the job of me, as SGA treasurer, to stand in front of students and say 'This is where your money is going, this is what it's doing, this is how we are using your money to better Auburn,'" Walton said.
Platform:
Walton said he wants to lead with integrity, utilize student financial experience, listen to the student body's voice and ensure responsible use of the student reserve fund.
Walton said he will use funds on initiatives, such as the creation of a student memorial, the renovation of the old Student Activity Center and the improvement of the current Student Center.

For more information about each candidate's platform, visit www.auburn.edu/SGA.

Share and discuss “Meet the 2015 SGA candidates” on social media.