Auburn responds to first SEC loss with Missouri victory

The No. 8 Tigers are now 35-4 after defeating the No. 20 Missouri Tigers in an away match Sunday afternoon, March 29.

Both Tigers battled back-and-forth for the lead throughout the game, with a standstill tie at 4-4 in the sixth inning.

Freshman Carlee Wallace then hammered a hit down the middle infield to break the tie, bringing in Jade Rhodes.

Kasey Cooper then brought in another, and Emily Carosone nailed a grand slam to plate four, spacing out the score, 10-4.

Missouri then succeeded in scoring an additional four runs off of Rachel Waters, but it wasn’t enough to take the lead in the end of the seventh.

The victory was mostly owed to Carosone, who achieved her fifth grand slam of the season in the seventh inning, bringing in the additional four runs the team needed to finish the game strong and take home the victory.

Carosone holds five of the team’s nine grand slams this season and is now tied with Jade Rhodes with 15 homeruns, who both contribute to the 75 total homeruns the team currently holds.

Kasey Cooper isn’t far behind with 13 homeruns in the 2015 season.

Auburn returns to action next weekend at home against Tennessee starting Thursday, April 2, at 6 p.m. 

Share and discuss “Auburn responds to first SEC loss with Missouri victory” on social media.