The Plainsman launches new website

ThePlainsman.com launched its new website Monday, Feb. 23.

The Plainsman’s new website includes detailed section drop down bars for easier navigating through the site, top-story slideshows on every section page and updated video and gallery sections.

The multimedia section is updated weekly with videos and photo galleries of events on and off campus.

Many articles are accompanied by photos, so the website experience is more visually appealing to the audience.

There is also a live Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed on the right-hand side of the website for readers to keep updated with live news.

The sports section now has an individual page for each sport the publication covers, as well as a slideshow on each section front.

The search tool has been improved and will allow site visitors to look up articles by keywords and author names from years back.

ThePlainsman.com averages approximately 140,000 views per month.

“My hope is the new website will reflect the detailed and dedicated reporting The Plainsman has always done and attract more readers than ever before,” said Becky Hardy, editor-in-chief of The Plainsman. “With the new website, The Plainsman will have the ability to be more innovative and perfect their reporting and multimedia skills."

The host company of the new site is SNworks, which formed at The State News, Michigan State University's independent student newspaper, now hosts several university newspaper websites, including The Daily Pennsylvanian, The Daily Tarheel and CavalierDaily.com, University of Virginia’s student news publication.

Share and discuss “The Plainsman launches new website” on social media.