Auburn women’s tennis team loses to Miss. St.

Auburn’s women’s tennis team headed to Starkville, Mississippi, on Wednesday, April 1, to take on SEC rival Mississippi State. The Tigers, despite coming off their biggest victory of the season versus the 18th ranked Kentucky Wildcats, were unable to get the road victory over the Bulldogs.

Auburn secured the doubles point with wins on courts one and three. Senior Emily Flickenger and junior Pleun Burgmans defeated their court one opponents 8-6.

On court three, sophomore Reka Muller and senior Jen Pfeifler won 8-6 as well.

Despite the 1-0 lead heading into singles, losses on courts one, two, three, and four denied the Tigers hopes for a road conference win.

Burgmans lost in three sets on court one with a final score of 6-4, 2-6, 6-1. On court two, freshman Andie Dikosavljevic lost 6-3, 7-5.

On courts three and five, Flickenger and junior Paula de Man lost 6-4, 6-3, and 7-5, 2-6, 7-6, respectively.

Muller and Pfeifler remained perfect on the day with wins on courts four and six. Muller won 4-6, 7-6, 6-1 , while Pfeifler won 4-6, 6-2, 6-4.

The Tigers latest SEC loss is the eighth loss in their first ten conference games, but after this Saturday, April 4, away match against Alabama, the Tigers have four straight home matches before SEC championships on April 15.

Share and discuss “Auburn women’s tennis team loses to Miss. St.” on social media.