Cole Lipscomb delivers career-best performance in Ole Miss victory

Although Auburn left 12 runners stranded, starting pitcher Cole Lipscomp led the Tigers to a 3-1 victory over Ole Miss Friday, April 17 at Plainsman Park.

In Auburn’s first Friday win over Ole Miss since 2011, the redshirt sophomore recorded career-highs across the board. The right-hander allowed one run, two walks, eight hits and had a career-high 10 strikeouts through all nine innings.

“I was pretty gased after the eighth, but I really wanted to finish it in order to save (Justin Camp) and our bullpen.” Lipscomb said.

The Tigers started putting runs on in the second inning as Damon Haecker hit an RBI-single to score Daniel Robert with two outs.

Auburn scored again in the bottom of the third after an error from Ole Miss’s second baseman. .Will Golson threw the ball in the dirt for Kyler Deese to reach first and Gray to score off the infield error.

In the bottom of the fifth, Deese doubled down the third baseline and was knocked in for the Tigers final run by Haecker.

The Rebels scored their only run in the ninth inning, but Lipscomb capped things off with another solid outing.

“We’ve seen him getting better and better,” Golloway said. “I told him earlier in the year he reminds me of Dillon Ortman in his toughness and his make up. Every outing he seems to just get a little bit better and a little bit deeper.”

Auburn and Ole Miss will finish the series with a double-header Saturday, April 18 at 12 p.m. as Keegan Thompson takes the mound.

Share and discuss “Cole Lipscomb delivers career-best performance in Ole Miss victory” on social media.