Mat Kearney grooves on the Greenspace

Despite the stormy weather, students and community members gathered on the greenspace April 10 to see Twin Forks, Nate & Function, and Mat Kearney perform.

“We want to bring students together to have fun and listen to a diverse mix of music,” said UPC member Brianna Jeffries, freshman in undeclared science and math.

The event, put on by the UPC’s Tiger Nights, featured live entertainment and free food for all students with their Ignited cards.

UPC also provided the crowd with flower crowns, temporary tattoos and leather bracelets.

Aside from the free items, UPC also had free pizza for students to enjoy as they watched the show.

The first act that was supposed to go on, Nate & Function, recently won Auburn’s Battle of the Bands. By winning this competition, they were offered the opportunity to open for Twin Forks and Mat Kearney.

Unfortunately, Nate & Function were unable to perform because of the weather.

As the weather cleared up, students became hopeful and started to pile onto the greenspace.

Twin Forks opened for Mat Kearney at 8 p.m., bringing their folk-rock sound to the stage.

The band, made up of two women and three guys, entertained the crowd with colorful lights and loud, cheerful music.

The audience danced the night away with all of the performers.

“The atmosphere is very relaxed but upbeat, and I like how there aren’t a million people here,” said audience member Lauren Jones freshman in biomedical science.

After Twin Forks performed, Mat Kearney stole the show by singing a mix of old and new songs.

UPC members said they hoped students had a fun time with their peers and enjoyed the free music.

UPC is also hosting Nick Offerman on April 14, and Auburn Airwaves on April 18.

Share and discuss “Mat Kearney grooves on the Greenspace” on social media.