Four Tigers taken on day three of NFL Draft

<p>Cameron Artis-Payne is wrapped up by Wisconsin defenders. (Emily Enfinger / Photo Editor)</p>

Cameron Artis-Payne is wrapped up by Wisconsin defenders. (Emily Enfinger / Photo Editor)

Auburn’s NFL hopefuls watched Friday as wide receiver Sammie Coates was taken 87th overall by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

On Saturday, four Tigers would also hear their names called as day three of the 2015 NFL Draft came to a close in Chicago.

The Tennessee Titans selected defensive end Angelo Blackson with the first pick of the 4th round (100th overall) to address the defensive side of the ball after taking quarterback Marcus Mariota with the 2nd overall pick, and wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham with the 40th overall pick.

Detroit beefed up their defensive line by trading up to get defensive tackle Gabe Wright with the 14th pick of the 4th round (113th overall) after former Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley opted to sign with the St. Louis Rams in free agency.

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton has a new target in tight end C.J. Uzomah (157th overall), who caught 29 passes for 435-yards and seven touchdowns during his four year career at Auburn.

Cameron Artis-Payne will join former Auburn Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton in Carolina as the Panthers selected the SEC’s leading rusher 174th overall. Artis-Payne rushed for 1,608-yards and 13 touchdowns last season.

Auburn’s five drafted players were the schools most since 2008.

Nick Marshall and Corey Grant have agreed to deals with the Jacksonville Jaguars as undrafted free agents, per al.com’s Brandon Marcello.

Other free agency signings:

WR Quan Bray-Indianapolis Colts

OT Patrick Miller-San Francisco 49ers

C Reese Dismukes-Pittsburgh Steelers

DB Trovon Reed-Seattle Seahawks

DT Chade Slade-Houston Texans

Share and discuss “Four Tigers taken on day three of NFL Draft” on social media.