Graba named top 10 gymnastics coach in the nation

<p>Coach Jeff Graba has infused the Tigers' roster with young talent, taking national powerhouses Georgia and Alabama to the limit this season. (FILE PHOTO)</p>

Coach Jeff Graba has infused the Tigers' roster with young talent, taking national powerhouses Georgia and Alabama to the limit this season. (FILE PHOTO)

On Tuesday, May 19, CollegeAD.com named three-time SEC Coach of the Year Jeff Graba, who led Auburn to the NCAA Championship Super Six this season for the first time in 22 years, one of the top 10 women’s gymnastics coaches in the country.

Auburn broke or tied 52 program records this year as junior Caitlin Atkinson and seniors Megan Walker and Bri Guy were named All-Americans, and six others earned All-SEC honors. Graba was named SEC Coach of the Year for the third time in the last four seasons at Auburn.

In the 2015 SEC Championship, junior Lexus Demers, freshman Abby Milliet and Walker earned All-SEC honors.

This season, the Tigers earned six of the top eight team totals in program history, led by Auburn’s all-time highest team total of 197.750 against No. 9 Georgia. The Tigers also scored record team totals in the SEC Championship, NCAA Regional, NCAA Semifinal and the NCAA Super Six.

Seventeen of the top 20 scores in program history were achieved under Graba starting in 2012, and Auburn secured its highest away score twice this season, first at Missouri with a 196.875 and then Alabama with a 197.025.

Auburn defeated seven top 10 teams this season, including LSU, Michigan, UCLA, Georgia (twice) and Nebraska. Before, Auburn only defeated seven top 10 teams in the program’s history prior to 2015. The Tiger’s victory against No. 4 LSU in the NCAA Semifinal was the highest ranked team the Tigers have ever defeated.

Share and discuss “Graba named top 10 gymnastics coach in the nation” on social media.