Tigers will play Oregon in 2019 AdvoCare Classic

Terrell Zachery tries to avoid Oregon players. (Emily Adams/PHOTO EDITOR)

The Tigers will play Oregon in the 2019 AdvoCare Classic at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on Saturday, August 31, 2019, in a rematch of the 2011 BCS National Championship game.

“I’m thrilled that Auburn will face Oregon in an epic match-up of two elite programs on a big stage to open the 2019 season,” Auburn Director of Athletics Jay Jacobs said. “I know how much it means to our players to have an opportunity to play in high-profile games; it is one reason they choose to come to Auburn. I’m also happy for the Auburn family, the best fans in college football. They always travel in masses to support our program, so this is a great reward for them as well.”

It will mark the second-ever meeting between the two schools, with the first coming on January 10, 2011 when the Tigers defeated the Ducks, 22-19, in Glendale, Arizona, to claim the BCS National Championship.

“Playing in the national championship game twice in the last five years and games such as the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game and the AdvoCare Classic is a great opportunity for the national audience to become more aware of Auburn," Jacobs said. "Our academic successes, our community service endeavors, and of course, our success on the field of play."

The game will be the 11th contest in the AdvoCare Classic series at AT&T Stadium and will mark the Tigers’ first-ever appearance at the venue.

Information on ticket sales and kickoff time will be announced at a later date.

Auburn opens the 2015 season on Sept. 5, when they face Louisville in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.

Share and discuss “Tigers will play Oregon in 2019 AdvoCare Classic ” on social media.