Auburn alumnus is featured in the hit movie "Jurassic World"

Within the first five minutes of the movie "Jurassic World," one sees Daniel Bradley, a graduate from Auburn. Although Bradley does not have a speaking role, he has an important part all of the same. 

"I played one of the Hammond Creation lab geneticists," Bradley said. 

Bradley said he started out last summer going to Central Casting to be considered for roles. 

Initially he was cast to be a visitor in the park, and after he filmed that scene, he received a personal phone requesting him as one of the geneticists.

"The director picked me and a few others specifically by picture picking us," Bradley said.

Bradley said the whole experience was fantastic, 

"When we were filming the lab scene, it took about three days to shoot," Bradley said. "In that time I got to come in contact with lead actor Chris Pratt and all of the other lead actors and actresses. I also had a great conversation with the screen write about the original Jurassic Park and how great it was. It was all so surreal."

However, Bradley is not the only one who would call the experience surreal.

Harrison Wool, another lab geneticist from Jurassic World and friend of Bradley, said "Jurassic World" was unforgettable.

"Being in 'Jurassic World' was a moment in my life that I will never forget," Wool said. "It is still surreal to me and it is still increasing in the box office." 

Wool also said another great thing about working on this movie was making new friends.

"Meeting new cast members such as Daniel Bradley [was great] because it created a friendship that has grown exponentially since," Wool said. 

Saguna Mayweather, who also played a genetic scientist from the creation lab and friend of Bradley, also agreed with how great the friendships that were made are. 

"Those of us that worked in the lab clicked instantly and have all kept in touch for the past year," Mayweather said.

Mayweather also said that the atmosphere was memorable.

"[The atmosphere was] extremely authentic and absolutely amazing," Mayweather said. "You can tell how serious the movie making is. We had to turn our phones in every day to have our cameras covered with sensor stickers." 

Mayweather said he hopes to act with his friends in another movie.

I also have high hopes that my fellow lab mates and I get to reprise our roles since none of us were eaten by a dinosaur in this one, because we keep hearing that a sequel might be in the works," Mayweather said. 

Maybe this won't be the last thing we see from Bradley, who said his next goal is to land a speaking role, even if it's small.

Share and discuss “Auburn alumnus is featured in the hit movie "Jurassic World"” on social media.