Women's expo to take place Sept. 17

Opelika-Auburn News and the Event Center Downtown will host the second annual Auburn-Opelika Women’s Expo on Thursday, Sept. 17.

The event will take place at the Bottling Plant Event Center. While there is no charge to get into the event, donations will be collected for domestic violence.

There will be many vendors at the event, selling things such as skincare, nutrition, homemade food, jewelry and clothing. 

“Anything that could be relevant to ladies,” said Rex Maynor, publisher of the OA News. 

According to Maynor, 18 vendors have registered, but more vendors may register before the event.

Lisa Ditchkoff, owner of the Bottling Plant Event Center, said domestic violence was chosen because most domestic violence cases are against females. She said the idea was a collaborative effort.

“We talked about it together,” Ditchkoff said.

According to Maynor, domestic violence prevention is an important effort in Lee County, and it influences family members other than spouses.

Ditchkoff said she thinks the venue may have been chosen because it is versatile. 

The building was once a Coca-Cola bottling plant, and most of the original building was salvaged to keep its history.

Jessica Henderson, event coordinator, said that the goal is to raise as much money as they can for the cause.

At the event, there will be many door prizes contributed by both OA News and the vendors.

Share and discuss “Women's expo to take place Sept. 17” on social media.