Road closures announced for free Brad Paisley concert

Some roads on campus will close during Brad Paisley's free concert on the Student Center green space as part of his Country Nation College Tour on Friday, Oct. 9.

To accommodate traffic, Heisman Drive will close at 4 p.m. Friday and remain closed until midnight. Mell Street will become a one-way street from Thach to Roosevelt, and all Tiger Transit buses will move to the Mell Street Hub.

“We are excited because this is a great opportunity,” said Director of the office of Student Involvement Corey Edwards. “It’s right after midterms so we are hoping this will be an added activity that students and the Auburn community can enjoy.”  

The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. with an opening performance from Eric Paslay. Brad Paisley will take the stage at 8:30 p.m.

The concert is free for students as well as the public. Public parking lots will open at 4 p.m. and will be located at the Auburn Arena, Magnolia Avenue and Donahue Drive, Comer Hall, the Coliseum, the Intramural Fields, the South Quad parking deck, the library deck, the Hayfield and the CDV extension.

Pass holders will be able to access the Stadium Deck parking at 3 p.m.

Beat Bama Food drive will also be located around various parts of the student center collecting cans and donations.

“Brad and his wife are big advocates of fighting hunger,” Edwards said.

Concession stands will be located inside and around the Student Center and will remain open until 11 p.m.

The concert is the result of the combined efforts of University Program Council, Zaxby’s, IMG College, Auburn Athletics, and the Division of Student Affairs.

Share and discuss “Road closures announced for free Brad Paisley concert ” on social media.