Volleyball swept by Florida

The Auburn volleyball team completed its SEC road trip on Sunday against the 17th-ranked Florida Gators, where it was swept 3-0.

Auburn had the lead late in every set but couldn't get over the hump and finish the match.

“I thought we did a good job starting each game with a really aggressive mentality,” said coach Rick Nold. "Unfortunately, at about point 18 of each game, we started to back off. If you give this team easy opportunities, they will take advantage. We have a lot we can take from this game to understand how to finish next time."

Sophomore Courtney Crable led the team with 10 kills and hit .222 on the day. Stephanie Campbell continued her dominance and recorded her second straight error-free match. She tallied seven kills and hit a team high .467. Alexa Filley collected her ninth double-double of the season with 28 assists and 14 digs. Jesse Earl contributed another 11 digs to boost the Auburn defense.

The Tigers had 48 digs compared to Florida’s 45, but the Gators held up their title as the top blocking team in the SEC, recording 10 blocks.

Auburn returns home on Friday, Oct. 16, as the 20th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats come to town to take on the Tigers in the annual “Dig Pink” match. This will be the Tigers' sixth in-conference game in a row and second straight against a ranked opponent. 

Share and discuss “Volleyball swept by Florida” on social media.