Sigma Alpha's Stud Auction brings funds for Ag in the Classroom

Auburn's finest fellows reeled in bids at Sigma Alpha's 2nd Annual Stud Auction 2015 on Thursday, Nov. 19 at the Ham Wilson Livestock Arena. 

Twenty five men lined the stage awaiting their 15 seconds to impress the bidders.

Each contestant strutted across the stage as the girls screamed and whistled for their favorites. The stakes were a date night with the men and gift cards to Auburn restaurants.  

Kennedy Vice, sophomore in agricultural business and economics, spoke about the auction's appeal. 

"Not a lot of sororities have events like this," Vice said. "It's creative, different and very engaging for all who are involved." 

Adam Carter, sophomore in agricultural business and economics and one of the contestants, said he enjoyed his experience. 

"It was a good time," Carter said. "It's a chance to let loose and be goofy." 

Each man was introduced with a short biography, a list of hobbies and a short pitch on why they would be the perfect date. 

Jesseruth Parrish, senior in animal science and production management and president of Sigma Alpha, said all proceeds from the auction go to assisting their work with the national philanthropy, Ag in the Classroom.

Ag in the Classroom is a program dedicated to informing youth on the importance of agriculture. Ag in the Classroom hosts hands-on activities in elementary schools that keep young children informed on how agriculture affects them, according to Parrish. 

Caleb Hicks, sophomore in agricultural communications and contestant, said Ag in the Classroom is important to have in the state. 

"It provides the knowledge to students that might not know anything about agriculture," Hicks said. 

The contestants were auctioned for almost $2,000, and there was a record breaking bid of $180. 

Slater Robinson, sophomore in poultry science production and Auburn University cheerleader, said he was happy with outcome of the night and was glad to be helping the cause. 

"I had lots of fun, and I'm glad we all could help make an impact," Robinson said. 

Share and discuss “Sigma Alpha's Stud Auction brings funds for Ag in the Classroom” on social media.