Women's swimming and diving coasts to win over Arkansas

The Auburn women's swimming and diving team took down Arkansas on Friday in an SEC dual meet. 

The Tigers coasted to an easy victory, gaining top spots in 12 out of the possible 13 events. The final score of the meet was 142-95 as 10 different Tigers racked up wins.

“Depth has been our strength the whole year,” women’s associate head coach Lauren Hancock said. “Last week (at Texas) was tough because we feel that wasn't demonstrated the way we envisioned it. Today it all came to taking pride in the fact that they swim for Auburn and getting up and racing the way we did in the fall."

Sophomore diver Madeline Cox, won both the 1 and 3-meter diving competitions, and her 3-meter score of 296.63 marks a season best. Fellow sophomore Ashton Ellezy was able to bring in three wins during the meet, including the 50 Free (22.90), anchoring the 200 medley relay, and swimming the second leg of the 400 free relay.

Auburn also secured wins in the 1000 free (Zoe Thatcher's 10:00.57), the 200 free (Caroline Baddock's 1:50.59), the 200 butterfly (Bailey Nero's 2:01.39), and the 100 free (Allyx Purcell's 50.23).

At the end of the day Auburn was able to finish in first and second places in seven out of the 13 events. The Tigers return to action on Saturday, Jan. 23 at Florida for a men’s and women’s meet. 

Share and discuss “Women's swimming and diving coasts to win over Arkansas” on social media.