Auburn man arrested, tried to escape Auburn Police Division

An Auburn man was arrested Sunday, Feb. 7, and charged with three counts of first-degree kidnapping, first-degree burglary, first-degree rape, first-degree domestic violence, third-degree escape, third-degree criminal mischief and violation of a protection from abuse order, according to a news release issued by the Auburn Police Division.

Auburn police responded to a disturbance at the 1200 block of Amy Court at approximately 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 7. When they arrived, they discovered the door forced open and determined that the 34-year-old homeowner and her two children were forced to leave with someone, according to the release.

Police developed Jwaun J. Strum, 23, as a suspect and sent his description to other area agencies. Strum, an acquaintance of the victim, was pulled over by a Chambers County deputy and taken into custody, according to the release. The victim and her children were found unharmed, according to the release.

Chambers County Sheriff's Office, Lanett and Valley police helped APD take Strum into custody, according to the release.

Strum attempted to escape through a crawlspace in the ceiling while being held at the Auburn Police Division but was caught, according to the release.

Strum is being held at the Lee County Detention Center without bond.

Share and discuss “Auburn man arrested, tried to escape Auburn Police Division” on social media.