Three former Auburn players drafted in 2016 NFL Draft

When the smoke of the 2016 NFL Draft had cleared, three Auburn Tigers had heard their names called.

Despite more than 10 Tigers entering their names into the Draft, only Shon Coleman, Ricardo Louis and Blake Countess were drafted. Coleman and Louis will be playing together in Cleveland — Coleman was taken 76th overall in the third round, and Louis 114th overall in the fourth round — and Countess will be heading up to Philadelphia after being selected by the Eagles with the 196th overall pick in the sixth round.

But with the end of the Draft comes Undrafted Free Agent signings. Former Tigers such as Nick Marshall, Corey Grant, Gabe Wright and Chris Davis have found spots on an NFL roster despite being undrafted, and a handful of former Auburn players will try to do the same this year.

Cornerback Jonathan Jones, who was projected to be a mid-round pick after a strong showing at the NFL Combine, will likely be among the first to sign. Running back Peyton Barber, receivers Melvin Ray and Duke Williams, offensive lineman Avery Young, defensive end Davonte Lambert, and linebackers Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost will also be looking to sign contracts.

Share and discuss “Three former Auburn players drafted in 2016 NFL Draft” on social media.