Basketball to play UCONN in home-and-home series

Two days after Auburn men's basketball head coach Bruce Pearl and the Tigers face Final Four opponent Oklahoma in the "Birthday of Basketball," the team will travel to Hartford, Connecticut to take on the UCONN Huskies on Dec. 23. The matchup will be the first of two contests between the teams, the second occurring in Auburn Arena in 2017. 

Auburn last met the three time national champion Huskies in the Great Alaskan Shootout in the 1989 season, a game won by Connecticut. 

Freshman Auburn guard Mustapha Heron will be returning home to Connecticut along with Pearl. The freshman was a star player at Sacred Heart in Waterbury, Connecticut, where he led his team to three consecutive state championships.

Other non-conference games for the Tigers will be Georgia State on Nov. 14 and Eastern Kentucky on Nov. 17 as part of the Cancun Challenge. Auburn will also meet Boston College on December 12, as a part of the Under Armour "Reunion" in Madison Square Garden.  They will then face Texas Tech on Nov. 22 and either Purdue or Utah State the next day. The Tigers will also be at TCU on Jan. 28 as part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. 

Share and discuss “Basketball to play UCONN in home-and-home series” on social media.