Tigers Get Commitment from 4-Star offensive tackle

Auburn football landed a big commitment from Austin Troxell Saturday. Troxell is a 6-foot-7, 330 pound offensive tackle from Madison Academy in Madison, Alabama. 

He is currently rated as the second best player in the state of Alabama by 247Sports Composite. Troxell is also rated as the 13th best OT in the country and is ranked 80th overall nationally.  

“I’m ready to start my journey and be an Auburn Tiger,” Troxell said in an interview with al.com. “I finally got my decision made. “It’s 100 percent Auburn now so I’m ready.”

The addition of Troxell will make him the third player from Madison Academy on the football team. Kerryon Johnson and Malik Miller are the two other former Mustangs currently on Tigers roster.

Troxell joins Calvin Ashley, a 5-star prospect, as the second offensive linemen to commit to the Tigers. The addition of a second offensive lineman will give Gus Malzahn a foundation for his future offensive line. 

The offensive tackle is currently nursing an ACL injury, which he suffered in a playoff game last year. Luckily for Tiger fans, he is scheduled to be fully recovered sometime this fall.

Troxell pledged to Auburn over the only other team he was considering, which was Alabama. He is the ninth player to commit to the Tigers for the 2017 season.

Share and discuss “Tigers Get Commitment from 4-Star offensive tackle” on social media.