Gymnastics releases 2017 schedule

The Auburn gymnastics team has concreted its 2017 schedule that features five meets against 2016 NCAA Championship competitors, head coach Jeff Graba announced Friday.

The Tigers will compete against 2016 national champion Oklahoma and 2016 national runner-up LSU. Auburn concluded its 2016 season ranked No. 11, while reaching as high as No. 6 throughout the year. The team captured the program’s first-ever NCAA regional title, while also securing Auburn’s highest-ever RQS score of 197.150.

“Our schedule is set to be the toughest in recent memory,” Graba said. “I believe you can only get better when you test yourself against the very best. This is reflected in the 2017 schedule and for the third-consecutive year, we will most likely have the toughest schedule in the country.”

Auburn opens the season with a pair of meets at home in the Auburn Arena, beginning with a non-conference meet vs. Oregon State, Jan. 6. The Tigers follow with a big meet in front of their home crowd against SEC rival Georgia, Jan. 13.

A three-meet road stint will follow beginning at Kentucky on Jan. 20 and continue in Gainesville to compete against 2016 Super Six competitor Florida on Jan. 27. Auburn closes out the month in Birmingham, taking on Alabama at the Third Annual Elevate Meet, Jan. 29.

February kicks off with a home meet vs. Arkansas, Feb. 3, before heading to Oklahoma City to participate in the Perfect 10.0 Challenge, Feb. 10, taking on reigning national champion, Oklahoma, along with two other opponents.

The month closes out with a pair of SEC challenges, starting a face off against the Tide, Feb. 17, in Coleman Coliseum. The Blue and Orange return to Auburn Arena, Feb. 24, to host national runner-up LSU.

Missouri will host Auburn March 3 before the Tigers return home to close out the regular seasons against kicks off with the team on the road, traveling to Missouri March 3. Auburn will then close out the regular season in Auburn Arena with a meet against Pittsburgh on March 10.

Postseason action begins with the 2017 SEC Championships in Jacksonville, Florida, March 18. The NCAA Regionals will be held at one of six different locations on April 1 and the 2017 NCAA Nationals will be in St. Louis, Missouri, from April 14-16.

Share and discuss “Gymnastics releases 2017 schedule” on social media.