Harrell to play in NBA Summer League

Former Auburn All-SEC guard KT Harrell will play for the New Orleans Pelicans in the 24-team NBA Las Vegas Summer League July 8-18 at the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion on the campus of UNLV.

New Orleans will open play vs. the Los Angeles Lakers Friday at 9:30 p.m. CST on ESPN at the Thomas & Mack Center followed by games against the Utah Jazz Sunday at 7 p.m. CST on NBA TV and the Sacramento Kings Monday at 9 p.m. CST on ESPN2, both at Cox Pavilion. 

Each team will play three games between July 8-12 before being seeded in a tournament that July 13 and concludes with a championship game on July 18.

Harrell averaged 5.3 points in four games for the Philadelphia 76ers during the 2015 NBA Summer League.

Harrell played for the Akhisar Belediye in the Turkish Basketball League during the 2015-16 season and led the team in scoring at 16.6 points per game and added 3.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest. 

As a senior, Harrell became the first Tiger since Wesley Person in 1994 to lead the SEC in scoring, averaging 18.5 points per game in 2014-15. The Montgomery, Ala., native also led the SEC and was ranked 10th nationally in 3-point field goal pct. (.434) while averaging a league-best 2.8 made 3s per game. He was ranked sixth in the SEC in field goal pct. (.453).

Share and discuss “Harrell to play in NBA Summer League” on social media.