UPDATED: Suspect caught in I-85 shooting

Updated at 1:51 p.m. to include updates.

Law enforcement in Chambers County have arrested a man they believe is responsible for the shooting death of a woman in a car on Interstate 85 Monday morning, according to reports. He was arrested in Valley and is now in the custody of law enforcement.

The suspect was identified as Larry Bradford Moore, 21, of metro Atlanta, according to WTVM reports.

According to the Lee County coroner, the woman, who has not been identified, was shot and killed this morning at approximately 1:20 a.m. while the car she was in traveled southbound on the interstate.

Officers responded to a motor vehicle accident in the northbound lane near the Lee and Chambers County line.

When they arrived, they discovered a female who appeared to be dead from suffering a gunshot wound. After she was shot, though, authorities believe the vehicle then had an accident, disabling the car in the northbound lanes and placing it in advance of an oncoming 18-wheeler

The 18-wheeler struck the vehicle with the woman and three other men inside.

At 2:20 a.m., the woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man responsible for shooting the woman is believed to have escaped, and the other two men who were in the car were transported to East Alabama Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries.

Investigators say they are unsure whether or not the shooting was accidental.

The woman's body was taken to the medical examiner's office at the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Montgomery for a postmortem exam.

The Lee County Sheriff's Department, the Lee County Coroner's office and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences are investigating the incident.

Share and discuss “UPDATED: Suspect caught in I-85 shooting” on social media.