Researcher wins National Science Foundation award for technological innovation

Mechanical engineering professor Pradeep Lall has received the 2016 Alexander Schwarzkopf Prize for Technological Innovation from the National Science Foundation’s Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers program for his work as director of Auburn’s Center for Advanced Vehicle and Extreme Environment Electronics, or CAVE3, according to a University release. His research includes "developing methods for protecting electronics in harsh environments."

“This award is reaffirmation of Dr. Lall’s national reputation and recognition of his seminal contributions to the field of mechanical engineering,” said Christopher Roberts, dean of the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering. “His work has positioned Auburn Engineering to be a leader in harsh environment electronics research as we address the challenges in this exciting field.”

Lall joined the Auburn faculty in 2002, the release states. 

“Dr. Lall’s recognition with the Alex Schwarzkopf Prize is evidence of the societal and transformational impact that Auburn University is making on automotive and harsh environment technologies in everyday life,” said John Mason, Auburn’s vice president for research and economic development.

Share and discuss “Researcher wins National Science Foundation award for technological innovation ” on social media.