Former Tiger signs professional contract with Paris Levallois

Auburn’s Tyler Harris signed a professional contract with Paris Levallois in the France-Pro A Basketball League, the team announced on Friday. He reports for training camp on Aug. 8.

“It was really exciting, and I am very blessed to be in a great situation with this team," Harris said. "I am ready to get out there and start working."

The former Tiger ranked 19th in the SEC averaging 13.9 points, ninth in the SEC with 7.7 rebounds and sixth in offensive rebounds with 2.8 as a graduate transfer last season. He shot 45.3 percent from the floor and 65.5 percent from the foul line.

The Dix Hills, New York native, who did not have a double-double prior to Auburn, had eight in the 2015 season. He tied for fourth in the SEC in double-doubles and scored his 1,000th-career point at Vanderbilt on Jan. 12 to finish his career with 1,196 points.

“Playing with (Bruce Pearl) helped me with a lot of things with being a leader,” Harris said. “He really wanted to help me to show my full potential out on the court. BP giving me confidence and seeing my confidence grow throughout the year really helped me as a player, and it is going to help me going overseas because your confidence has to be high playing over there."

Harris received the Paul Lambert/Tommy Joe Eagles Memorial Trophy at the year-end Auburn basketball awards banquet and played in the Portsmouth Invitational in April. He was an Academic Top Tiger.

This is his second trip to Paris, having played as a sophomore in high school with the Gordon Hanley All-Stars comprised of players from the state of New York against teams from France.

His brother, Tobias, who played for Pearl at Tennessee, will be beginning his sixth season in the NBA and plays for the Detroit Pistons. His cousin, Channing Frye, is entering his 11th NBA season and plays with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Share and discuss “Former Tiger signs professional contract with Paris Levallois” on social media.