Cabinet discusses Uber's trial phase

SGA focused primarily on ongoing project updates and recapping the SGA retreat at its second meeting of the semester. 

Jesse Westerhouse, SGA president, started the meeting with executive announcements including an update on the city of Auburn’s newly introduced Uber franchise.

“Uber may not be perfect right at the beginning of its run," Westerhouse said. "With the kickoff coming up they’ve got a lot of different routes they may try this week."

Westerhouse said this weekend will be an opportunity for Uber to explore their route options in Auburn.

"It’s really in a trial and error phase, being that it’s so new,” Westerhouse said.

Brandon Honeywell, SGA vice president, gave an update on the syllabus bank project.

“A future order of business is to vote on our syllabus bank program," Honeywell said. "Tomorrow night, we’ll take a vote to see what we do next.”

EVP of Programs Hunter Gibson made an announcement about this week’s kickoff game against Clemson.

“This is going to be an ‘All-Orange’ game," Gibson said. "Instead of distributing shakers to the student section, this time we’re giving them to everyone in the entire stadium.”

Gibson said they'll be handing out a much larger amount of shakers than they normally do.

“We’re giving out eighty-six thousand, four hundred fifty-one shakers," Gibson said. "It’s going to be really exciting."

Share and discuss “Cabinet discusses Uber's trial phase” on social media.