Where you can find Aubie this fall

We’ve all asked the question, are you really an Auburn student if you haven’t gotten your picture with Aubie? 

Sometimes it’s hard to spot this beloved mascot. For those of you who haven’t memorized Aubie’s day-to-day schedule, there is an Aubie Committee that can help you out. According to those involved, the committee is dedicated to all things Aubie.

Aubie has plans to appear all over campus this semester. He can be seen almost everywhere, but there are certain places that you are sure to see him. 

The student center is a frequent stop for Aubie, along with the Lowder Hall and the Arboretum. Sporting events are the next go-to spots for Aubie lovers. He will be attending almost every sporting event this fall. This includes football, volleyball and basketball. The Aubie Committee also makes sure that there’s enough Aubie to go around outside of campus.

“Some of the events coming up that he will be at the this coming week are the SGA Pep Rally in the village, the Tiger Tailgate at the library, and Downtown Opelika’s On the Tracks," said Rosemary Shelton, sophomore in pre-business and Student Government Director of Aubie. "Of course, he has many other appearances throughout the week but these are just a few."

Being able to hangout with Aubie, and get a quick picture has become an Auburn tradition, both for students and alumni.

“Since this is my last year as a student at Auburn I want to get a picture with Aubie,” said Mitch Long, senior in building science. “I’ll definitely be on the look out for him around campus, especially on the concourse.”

Aubie is notably one of the most popular mascots among the SEC. However, there is a lot more work that goes into his image than you might expect.

“The Aubie Committee works with Aubie to make at least six props for the upcoming football game and also make props for him to use for fun events throughout the week,” Shelton said. 

According to Shelton, students are as excited as the committee to see what Aubie has in store for gameday.

“During timeouts he’s always doing something to keep the crowd engaged, I think the props and costumes are better than any other college mascots,” said Leslie Fuller, sophomore in elementary education.

As football season begins, Auburn fans will be on the chase for Aubie. As the most popular college mascot, it is clear why an entire committee is devoted to him. This fall be on the look out at these top places to spot Aubie. 

Share and discuss “Where you can find Aubie this fall” on social media.