3 arrested in connection with Auburn car burglaries

Auburn police arrested three people Tuesday in connection with five car burglaries in Auburn, according to a press release.

Shahiem D. Trimble, 19, of Auburn; Michael R. Trimble, 20, of Montgomery; and a 16-year-old boy from Auburn were each charged with several counts of breaking and entering a motor vehicle, several counts of theft of property and possession of marijuana second degree, police said.

Investigations determined that electronics, computers and currency valued at over $3,100 were stolen from the vehicles around East Thach and Magnolia avenues and Cedercrest Circle, police said.

In addition, Shahiem Trimble was charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, and Michael Trimble charged with fleeing or attempting to elude police, the release said.

At about 3:15 a.m., Auburn police responded to an auto burglary in progress call at a residence in the 300 block of East Thach Avenue, the release said. When officers arrived, they located two of the suspects and took them into custody. The third suspect ran from officers but was detained after a brief chase.

The three arrested were then identified as being responsible for unlawfully entering the cars and taking the property, police said.

Shahiem and Michael Trimble were both transported to the Lee County Detention Facility and are each being held on a $19,000 bond. The juvenile was transported to the Lee County Youth Development Center and is awaiting a detention hearing.

Share and discuss “3 arrested in connection with Auburn car burglaries” on social media.