#eBay2Ways tour comes to Auburn

The eBay campus tour came to Auburn's campus on Wednesday, Sept. 28, to demonstrate to students how different ways eBay products can be used. 

Participating students won prizes and learned life hacks suited to their needs at the eBay campus hut, such as useful ways to save money by using one product in two ways.

“We created the #eBay2Ways Campus Tour to introduce 'the new eBay' to college students, who may be overwhelmed with a growing list of apartment or dorm needs and school supplies at the beginning of the school year,” said Kari Ramirez, communications manager for eBay.

The eBay team members demonstrated life hacks such as using nail polish to paint nails and fix sunglasses. 

The eBay event indicated how the website is not only an auction marketplace, but also a buy it now site. Users of the website can buy or sell products and then get them either new or used.

“We’re also able to showcase the ease of shopping on eBay for the things they still need and highlight the convenience of selling in-demand items, like your old iPhone, so you can make money to buy new things,” Ramirez said.

The website has been used to sell used iPhones, so students at the campus hub were shown different ways to sell their used iPhones. The team taught students how they can determine the value of their phones using eBay Valet. 

Prize giveaways included an Apple Watch, a Fujifilm Polaroid camera and more. People visiting the event were able to take pictures on a green screen and post them to Instagram to become eligible for prizes. 

Two thousand gift cards and hack kits were distributed before the event ended.

Share and discuss “#eBay2Ways tour comes to Auburn” on social media.