Veronica Eder earns All-SEC honors at SEC Championships

Senior Veronica Eder finished fourth in the women’s 6k with a time of 16:53.50 on Friday at the 2016 SEC Cross Country Championships in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The fourth place finish earned Eder First-Team All-SEC honors.

“This was a great performance for Veroinca [Eder],” Auburn head cross country coach Mark Carroll said. “She has really worked hard and it’s great to see her get a top-five finish in her senior year. Overall we had some solid performances and we will try to build on this for the Regionals in two weeks.”

The women’s team finished ninth with 206 points. Sophomore Brenda Kigen placed second for Auburn, finishing 41st with a time of 21:45.30, while senior Rachel Givens finished 52nd (21:57.60). Emily Stevens placed 63rd (22:13.80) and Anna Nelson rounded out the scoring for the Tigers, coming in 69th with a time of 22:17.10.

The men’s squad finished 10th in the SEC with 278 points with junior Kevin Wyss leading the way for the Tigers with a 34th place finish (25:22.20). Wyss was followed by Wesley Pectol who finished 34th (25:23.60) and Mitchell Gomez, finishing 69th (26:21.70). Coleman Churtich 86th (26:57.90) and Jay Spieler rounded out the scoring, finishing 79th.

Karissa Schweizer of Missouri won the women’s meet with a time of 20:10.6. Arkansas’s Alex George won took home the SEC men’s title with a time of 23:24.9. Host Arkansas won the men’s and women’s team SEC Championship.

Auburn cross country will return to action on Nov.11, when it travels to Tallahassee, Florida, for the 2016 NCAA South Regional.

Share and discuss “Veronica Eder earns All-SEC honors at SEC Championships” on social media.