No. 4 Equestrian defeats No. 8 South Carolina

The No. 4 Auburn equestrian team defeated conference foe No. 8 South Carolina by a score of 13-5 on Friday afternoon at the Auburn University Horse Center. The Tigers are now 4-2 overall and 2-1 in the SEC.

“We saw very commanding rides today. We are on track and going to be fine by the end of the season. It was a great win for us today,” Auburn head coach Greg Williams said.

The Hunt Seat corps blanked South Carolina as they won nine matches and only tied one, while the Equitation Over Fences crew went 4-0.

Ashton Alexander won her match 82-79. Caitlin Boyle earned MOP honors as she scored a season best of 86 points. Haley Iannotti won a close match by a score of 82-81 and Ashley Foster recorded her sixth win of the year.

The Hunt Seat riders swept in Equitation on the Flat by a score of 5-0. Iannotti won by a commanding 21 points and Alexander scored 70 points in her victory. Tory Hoft won her sixth event, and Boyle scored 73 points to win her match. Foster took home MOP honors with a 76-68 victory.

Horsemanship won 7-1 as Megan Rauh and Kara Kaufmann won their fifth matches of the season. Kelsey Jung scored a season best of 75 points in her win.

In Reining, Alexa Rivard got her fourth win of the season as she won by 1 point.

The Tigers have until 2017 off when they travel to Tuscaloosa to take on Alabama on Jan. 20 for a hunt seat-only exhibition. The entire team will have a meet, in Auburn, on Feb. 11 vs. rival Georgia.

Share and discuss “No. 4 Equestrian defeats No. 8 South Carolina” on social media.