SGA passes recommendation to remove registration TBAs

SGA representatives passed a resolution recommending administration make it a priority to remove as many “TBA” assignments as possible in the hope it may simplify registration for students.

During executive announcements, EVP of Initiatives Trey Fields gave a slideshow presentation which announced SGA is taking action to reduce the number of class slots marked “TBA” during registration, spearheaded by At-Large Senator Brock Hendon.

“TBAs make it more difficult for students to make informed decisions that allow them to tailor their semester schedule around other responsibilities and their learning style,” Fields said. “Recently, Auburn’s student senate passed a resolution calling for an emphasis to be placed on cutting down the amount of TBAs during our registration.”

The bill reads, “We, the Auburn University Student Senate, recommend that the administration prioritize removing the ‘TBA’ assignments within the registration by establishing a culture of best practices that expect returning faculty to be assigned to courses by the first day of registration and adjunct faculty and graduate assistants be assigned to courses within one week of the first day of class.”

The senate passed a resolution urging Auburn Athletics, Parking Services and other administrators to reconsider the University’s game day parking policy. The Senate also approved a reserve fund request for renovations in the EagleEye and WEGL work spaces.

At-Large Senators Cooper Elkins and Reagan Drake presented a resolution to recommend Parking Services and Athletics change the game day parking schedule in response to students’ frustration with the old scheduling.

The bill reads, “We, the Auburn University Student Senate, recommend that the administration postpone the current RV parking time of 2 p.m. in the Coliseum lot to 3 p.m. and allow students to park in the Coliseum lot until 2 p.m. on the Friday before game day.”

College of Business senator Chris Smillie passed a $60,000 reserve fund request  he said was for the renovation of the Eagle Eye and WEGL student media facilities in the Student Center.

Share and discuss “SGA passes recommendation to remove registration TBAs” on social media.