Softball signs eight in top recruiting class

Following back-to-back trips to the Women's College World Series, the Auburn softball coaching staff has pieced together another elite recruiting class for the 2018 season.

“We’re excited about this class,” Auburn head coach Clint Myers said. “They’re very talented and athletic. They’re going to make us better.”

Auburn signed eight players, including five local players from Alabama and Georgia. The class also spans nation-wide as three signees hail from California and Illinois to make up the nation’s No. 2 recruiting class.

“This is our first full SEC-caliber class since we got here and we expect every player in it to be a positive impact to the program,” stated assistant coach and recruiting coordinator Scott Woodard. “How fast this happens will depend on them. It has players in all four position groups and gives us tremendous depth for the 2018 season. We will be replacing the entire left side of the infield much like we did the right side this year, so having depth in the infield was imperative. We also have two pitchers in this class, which will bring our depth in the circle back up as well.”

Auburn has signed Kara Bilodeau (Cumming, Ga./South Forsyth), Makenna Dowell (Suwanne, Ga./North Gwinnett), Chardonnay Harris (Oak Park, Ill./Oak Park and River Forest), Mackenzie Nutt (Madison, Ala./Sparkman), Jenna Olszewski (Hoover, Ala./Spain Park), Livy Schiele (Bonita, Calif./The Bishop’s), Taylon Snow (Chino Hills, Calif./Chino Hills) and Abby Tissier (Hoover, Ala./Hoover).

Share and discuss “Softball signs eight in top recruiting class” on social media.