Aggravated assault on campus reported

The Auburn Police Division received a report from a student who was walking on the edge of campus on West Magnolia Ave. near Wire Road last night, Dec. 5, according to a campus-wide public safety notice. 

A dark colored truck with Greek letters in the back window stopped near the student, the student said. The passenger of the truck yelled "Quincy" along with obscene language and a threat directed at the student. The passenger then pointed what appeared to be a black semi-automatic handgun at the student. The student yelled, "I am not Quincy," and the truck drove off. 

The driver and passenger of the truck appeared to be bearded white males. 

The notice in full:

On Monday, December 5, 2016 at about 11:50 p.m., the Auburn Police Division received a report from a student that was walking on the edge of campus on West Magnolia Avenue near Wire Road. The student told police that a dark colored truck with Greek letters in the back window stopped near the student. The driver and passenger of the truck appeared to be bearded white males. The passenger of the truck yelled "Quincy" along with obscene language and a threat directed at the student. The passenger then pointed what appeared to be a black semi-automatic handgun at the student. The student yelled, "I am not Quincy," and the truck drove off. 

Please be reminded of the following:
• Stay alert to your surroundings and walk with others, especially at night.
• Use available means of transportation such as the Night Security Shuttle (available on campus at 334-844-7400 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. while classes are in session), Uber, or a local taxi service.
• Trust your instincts. If you do not feel comfortable in a place or situation, leave.
• If you see suspicious activity or a person behaving suspiciously, notify police at 911 (emergencies or crimes in progress), 334-501-3100 (non-emergencies) or 334-246-1391 (tip line - text or call).
The safety of our campus community is our top priority. Auburn Police are investigating the reported incident. If you have any information on the suspects or suspect vehicle, please contact the Auburn Police Division at 334-501-3100 or via the Crime Stoppers line at 334-246-1391 (tip line - text or call).

Share and discuss “Aggravated assault on campus reported” on social media.