A Christmas gift guide for the lazy

Every family has that second-cousin removed that rarely comes around until gift giving time. No one knows them very well and no one knows them well enough to buy them a Christmas present. Here’s a list of super quick and easy Christmas presents to hand over to that estranged family member right as the awkward conversation picks up. 

Hotel room shampoos and conditioners

Almost everyone has a drawer in their house full of tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner they've stolen from hotel rooms. Unless they're bald, these can come in handy whenever they run out of their super-sized bottle of Pantene. 

Socks

It's Christmas time and that means cold. Socks are a great gift option for anyone because most people have feet and most people's feet get cold. Whether they be plain white or fuzzy Christmas themed socks, they'll be appreciated.

The bad smelling cologne/perfume you accidentally bought

They'll never even notice if it's been opened. Also, they won't be annoyed at you until they get home and realize it smells horrible.

A candle

Candles smell nice and they're good to have around the house. If you're giving it to a male relative and he thinks it's too girly, tell him to reassess his confidence in his masculinity.

The ugly sweater your grandmother gave you two Christmases ago

As long as you regift the sweater on the other side of the family or your grandma is too senile to remember the sweater, there's nothing to worry about. Sweaters are cozy and appreciated during freezing weather, or as we call it in Alabama, 50 degrees.

A gas station gift card

Gas is expensive. Although it isn't the ridiculous $4 a gallon that it was, it's always annoying to spend valuable money on something as boring and practical as gas. If they don't have a car then they can buy as many king-sized Milky Ways as their heart desires.

Money

The thing everyone actually wants for Christmas. Even $10 is better than a useless gift that will collect dust until being thrown in the can. Let's be honest, no one knows what we want more than we know what we want. 

Share and discuss “A Christmas gift guide for the lazy” on social media.