Auburn hires Arizona State OC Chip Lindsey

After over a week of searching, Auburn has found their man to run the offense. Arizona State offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey has accepted an offer for the same position at Auburn. The news was first reported by ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

"My family and I are very excited to return to Auburn and our home state," Lindsey said in a statement. "Both are very special places to us. I looking forward to reuniting with coach Malzahn and his staff. They are great coaches and great people. I look forward to being part of something special and helping Auburn win championships."

Lindsey is a former high school coach in Alabama and Georgia, and has made stops at Spain Park, Lassiter and Hoover. After his stop at Spain Park, Lindsey accepted a position as an offensive analyst for Auburn in 2013 during an SEC Championship season before being hired as the offensive coordinator at Southern Miss for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

"I'm excited to welcome Chip Lindsey to the Auburn family," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said in a statement released by the university. "I have the utmost confidence in his ability to lead our offense and his strength in developing quarterbacks makes him the perfect fit. Chip is a man of integrity and character who will fit well within our staff. He has great knowledge and enthusiasm for the game and is a rising star in this profession."

While Lindsey was at USM in 2015, The Golden Eagles racked up 6,800 yards of total offense, including more than 4,200 passing yards and just under 2,500 rushing yards. That season, Southern Miss was the only school in the nation with a 4,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard receiver and two 1,000-yard rushers.

Lindsey was hired at Arizona State and served as their offensive coordinator for the 2016 season. Last season, the Sun Devil offense averaged 33.3 points per game and 390.8 yards of total offense in Tempe.

Share and discuss “Auburn hires Arizona State OC Chip Lindsey ” on social media.