Three arrested by APD for string of auto burglaries

The Auburn Police Division arrested three men over the weekend including two men from Auburn and one man from Montgomery.

On Friday, the APD arrested Courtney Colley, 38, from Montgomery, on twelve charges of breaking and entering a motor vehicle and six charges of second-degree theft of property. A grand jury brought the charges against Colley.

The charges against Colley resulted from an investigation into a string of 2013 auto burglaries in several downtown parking lots during home football games. Colley is being held at the Lee County jail on a $36,000 bond.

Colley's arrest follows several others in the investigation that dates back to October 2013. A 32-year-old woman was arrested in April 2015, and another 36-year-old man was arrested in 2013.

(Left to Right: Antonio Hutchinson, 28, Reginald Harvey, 19, and Courtney Colley, 38. Contributed by the APD)

On Sunday, the APD arrested Reginald C. Harvey, 19, from Auburn, on charges of unlawful breaking and entering a motor vehicle and fourth-degree theft of property.

The arrest resulted from reports of a suspicious person in the parking lot of 319 Bragg, a student apartment complex on Bragg Avenue. Police investigated Harvey and identified him as a person who entered a 2011 Nissan Maxima and took cash from the inside.

Harvey is being held at the Lee County Jail on a $4,000 bond.

Also on Sunday, the APD arrested Antonio M. Hutchinson, 28, from Auburn, on warrants charging him with unlawful breaking and entering of a motor vehicle and fourth-degree theft of property.

The arrest resulted from an investigation into an auto burglary on Nov. 2 at a resident in the 300 block of East Longleaf Drive. The suspect entered a vehicle and stole several items of clothing, police said. Hutchinson was seen on video surveillance selling the clothing at a local business. He is being held on a $4,000 bond at the Lee County Jail.

Share and discuss “Three arrested by APD for string of auto burglaries” on social media.