Trustee Selection Committee announces appointments to University board

President Jay Gogue announcing Raymond J Harbert's donation at the Board of Trustees meeting. (Kelsey Davis / EDITOR IN CHIEF).

The University announced the Trustee Selection Committee's recommendations to fill three empty positions on the Board.

The announcement was made at 4:26 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 18 through a University press release.

Read the full announcement below.

"The Auburn University Trustee Selection Committee today recommended Lloyd Austin, Raymond Harbert and Quentin Riggins as at-large members of the university’s governing body. Their appointments are subject to confirmation by the Alabama Senate.

Former Alabama House Speaker Seth Hammett represented Gov. Robert Bentley on the Selection Committee. He thanked the seven individuals interviewed for the three positions along with the more than 90 who applied.

'Each one of the nominees is well-qualified,' said Hammett. 'Gov. Bentley appreciates their willingness to serve and their dedication to one of the nation’s premiere universities.'

In addition to Hammett, the selection committee was composed of Auburn Trustees Charles McCrary and Elizabeth Huntley and two members of the Auburn Alumni Association’s board of directors, Beau Byrd and Jack Fite."

Share and discuss “Trustee Selection Committee announces appointments to University board” on social media.