Trustees approve $28 million game day facility for Jordan-Hare Stadium

On Friday, the Auburn University Board of Trustees officially approved the plans to renovate a portion of Jordan-Hare Stadium. The project will focus on the home locker room and recruiting space of the stadium. 

“This project is all about winning and enhancing the gameday experience for our student-athletes and fans, Athletic Director Jay Jacobs said. I appreciate the president and Trustees approving our proposal so we can move forward. We are going to have a great area to recruit our prospective student-athletes for all of our sports. This is a big day for Auburn football.”

The new facility will include a recruiting space for Olympic sports including football, a new club space for fans and a new press box for media members.

Head coach Gus Malzahn understands the advantage that the project will bring the program.

"I'm excited for our football program as this project will be a tremendous enhancement for our football players and very beneficial in recruiting, Malzahn said. I appreciate our leadership's commitment to the future of Auburn football and really look forward to these renovations to Jordan-Hare Stadium."

The new 44,000-square-foot facility will be built in southwest corner of the stadium, where the new video board is located. The project is scheduled to begin in May, and will be complete before the beginning of the 2017 football season. 

Share and discuss “Trustees approve $28 million game day facility for Jordan-Hare Stadium” on social media.