AUDM exceeds goal of $500,000

The University held its sixth annual Dance Marathon in the Student Center Ballroom to raise awareness and money for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. There were 1,442 participants this year, and 108 teams.

By the end of the 14-hour dance marathon, participants surpassed their goal to “Flip the Five" by raising $541,832.06, beating their total from last year of $424,617.01.

Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores partnered with AUDM this year, helping them raise more funds and awareness. Love’s donated $15,000 to AUDM.

Proceeds raised by AUDM will go to Children's Hospital at Midtown Medical Center at Columbus Regional Health.

Sarah Tatom, sophomore in accounting, said she personally raised over $300 for AUDM.

“It was really fun, they had different sessions where they taught us how to do the line dance,” Tatom said. “My favorite thing was silent disco, which was where we put headphones on and listened to the same music, and we danced and sang, but anyone who was there without headphones just saw a ton of people dancing in silence.”

Tatom said there was an Iron Bowl hour at the event, which was a competition to see who raised more between Auburn and Alabama. 

“We beat them, so there was toilet paper everywhere like Toomer’s Corner," Tatom said.

AUDM beat Alabama by raising $19,060.83 for a fundraiser. Alabama raised $17,931.01.

“I got to hit the gong which means I raised $100 that day alone so that was definitely one of my favorite moments of the day,” Tatom said. “I’m really happy the Children’s Hospital at Midtown Medical Center at Columbus Regional Health is going to get a new NICU because of us.”

Below are some of the recognitions received throughout the event:

Top fundraising male: Gage Fenwick

Top fundraising female: Riley Somers

Top fundraising fraternity: Alpha Tau Omega

Top fundraising sorority: Alpha Omicron Pi

Top fundraising student organization: Camp War Eagle

Miracle Cup Winners:

Samford: Ukirk

Heisman: Alpha Xi Delta

Nova: Tri N Beat Us

Share and discuss “AUDM exceeds goal of $500,000” on social media.