Five Tigers finish with personal bests on last day of Husker Invite

Auburn Track and Field recorded five new personal bests and netted two top-five finishes on the last day of the 42nd annual Frank Sevigne Husker Invitational on Saturday.

Khalil Henderson finished second in the men’s 200-meter with a personal best 21.26. Randall Census followed Henderson with a fifth place finish and a time of 21.45.

Mark Rubalcaba finished third the men’s triple jump which was his second third place finish of the meet. He jumped 49-10.5/15.20m on his second jump of the day. He now ranks ninth in the SEC with a mark of 50-2.75/15.31m.

“I am proud of how hard we competed overall on the weekend, said Auburn head coach

Ralph Spry. We didn’t get all of the marks that we wanted today, but we showed some improvement across the board. Now we just need to keep improving for next weekend at Clemson.”

Auburn will be back in action next weekend as the team splits for the Iowa State Classic and the Clemson Tiger Paw Invitational. This is the last tune up for the Tigers before the SEC Indoor Championships. The distance runners will be in Ames, Iowa for the meet on February 10-11. The meet will be broadcasted live on FloTrack.com. The rest of the team will travel to Clemson, S.C. for a meet next Friday and Saturday. 

Share and discuss “Five Tigers finish with personal bests on last day of Husker Invite ” on social media.