​Jasmine Manigault shines in day one of Husker Invitational

Auburn track and field got off to a strong start with six personal bests on day one of the 42nd Annual Frank S Husker Invitational on Friday. Senior Jasmine Manigault led the way for the Tigers, posting her third PR of the season in the women’s weight throw.

“I am proud of how hard we competed on day one, but Jasmine Manigault’s personal best in the weight throw was the highlight of the night,” Auburn head coach Ralph Spry said. “Chris Stone set the tone this morning with two personal bests. He has really been training hard and he looks good in his first heptathlon of the season. We didn’t get the marks we wanted in some events, but we really competed out there. Overall, it was a good start. We just need to come out tomorrow and continue to compete and get ready for Clemson next week.”

In the women’s weight throw, Manigault posted a 67-0.5/20.43m, which ranks as the second best throw in Auburn school history, behind Ronda Gullatte (2006) with a throw of 67-0.75/20.44m.

Heptathlete Christopher Stone set two personal bests in four events on Friday morning. The Sophomore posted PR’s in the 60m with a 7.07 and then in the shot put with a mark of 41-0.25/12.50m. After the first four events, Stone ranks seventh with 2967 points.

The Tigers will return to action for day two of the Husker Invitational on Saturday beginning with the heptathlon 60-meters at 9:30 a.m. CST. Field events will begin at 11:30 a.m. with the women’s high jump.

Share and discuss “​Jasmine Manigault shines in day one of Husker Invitational” on social media.