New SGA officers assign executive positions

The SGA met for its first official meeting under its new administration, led by President Jacqueline Keck, Vice President Justin Smith and Treasurer Frank McEwen.

The meeting was held on Monday, Feb. 20 in the Student Center.

Much of the meeting was spent training new and inexperienced senators by showing new members how to prepare their workspace for a meeting and breaking off into group teamwork exercises.

Smith also took time to introduce SGA’s newly appointed executive team: 

Chief of Staff Jacob Tofani

EVP of Communications and Marketing Jennings Bowden

EVP of Initiatives David Facteau

EVP of Programs Faith Webb

EVP of Outreach Bri Thomas

While the EVP of outreach position had previously been defunct, Keck, Smith and McEwen said they decided to bring the position back with new responsibilities.

“Frank and Justin and I decided as a group to bring the outreach position back," Keck said. "We restructured it a little bit to be more data-based and so not only will Bri and her outreach team be reaching out to other organizations on campus, but also to build relationships with them so that we have touch points across campus.” 

Keck said the position will be a great resource to strengthen arguments.

“If we’re working on an initiative like printing, parking, dining and we need data to give to the administrators for our resolutions or other things we’re bringing, we can send out a quick poll and get data back to really strengthen our arguments and really push forth the needs of students," Keck said.

Thomas said she believes outreach is headed in a “new direction,” and she has “goals and plans” for the upcoming year.

“I’m still working on getting them kind of tied down and written out and things like that, but I’m excited for the year to come," Thomas said. "I’ll have some solidified goals and plans here pretty soon."

Share and discuss “New SGA officers assign executive positions” on social media.