Tigers dominate in day one of Tiger Invitational

Auburn dominated the first day of the Tiger Invitational as they run-ruled UMass-Lowell and North Dakota by a combined score of 21-0.

In the first game, The Tigers used a six run 3rd inning to get an eight run lead that would eventually lead to the run-rule coming into effect at the end of the 5th inning with a 13-0 final score.

In game one, Carlee Wallace got the Tigers off to a perfect start with a solo shot to center field to begin the game. The Tigers hit two more homeruns later in what was a powerful offensive display from Auburn.

Whitney Jordan and Casey McCrackin both drove in 3 RBIs for the Tigers, while Carlee Wallace led the team with three hits. Ashlee Swindle came on in relief in the bottom of the 4th for Kaylee Carlson, who picked up her 7th win of the year. Carlson only gave up one hit and struck out two in a solid performance.

Auburn did not slow down in game two. The bats stayed hot, and Alyssa Rivera drove in Auburn's eighth run to end the game in the 6th inning. In the bottom of the first inning, Kasey Cooper hit the first pitch she saw over the fence in left-center field.

Head coach Clint Myers believes the Tigers played their best offense so far in the two wins.

“We really had some good at-bats,” Myers said. “It was a complete game – great pitching, great defense.”

Auburn got a run in the first, two in the second, two in the fifth and three in the sixth. All of the hitting was backed up by brilliant pitching from Makayla Martin, who only gave up three hits and no runs in her fifth win of the season.

The Tiger Invite will continue tomorrow at Jane B. Moore Field, and Auburn will be in action vs. Yale at 2:30 p.m.CST. 

Share and discuss “Tigers dominate in day one of Tiger Invitational ” on social media.