Auburn wide receiver could miss remainder of spring

Auburn wide receiver Kyle Davis could miss the remainder of the Tigers spring practices, head coach Gus Malzahn said on Tuesday.

“I'm not sure if he's going to be back before the end of the spring,” Malzahn said. “He will be back for the fall. It's just taking a little bit longer than we initially thought.”

Davis missed last spring in its entirety due to a shoulder injury. The rising sophomore wide receiver did not return to practice after spring break as expected and is still dealing with “personal business.”

Davis is one of Auburn's most experienced returning receivers, despite only being a sophomore. Last season, Davis played in all 13 games and caught 12 passes for 248 yards and two touchdowns.

With no Davis, Auburn started spring practice with Eli Stove, Nate Craig-Myers and Jason Smith running with the first-team offense and Ryan Davis, Marquis McClain and Griffin King on the second.

“It’s a loss. It’s a loss to all the receivers,” Stove said. “We all love KD. He’s a great person. But he can come back and be strong and get better. We’ll be all right.”

Auburn will take the field in Jordan-Hare Stadium this Saturday to compete in the spring's first scrimmage. 

Share and discuss “Auburn wide receiver could miss remainder of spring ” on social media.