SGA discusses new dining task force initiatives

SGA met to discuss orders set to confirm various members of student senate, as well as discuss potential changes to student dining by initiatives’ dining task force.

During executive reports, EVP of Initiatives David Facteau said the dining task force was created last year with the mission of gathering student feedback on campus dining.

“The reason why this [recent dining task force meeting] took place was because the contract with Auburn’s current food provider ends at the end of this year,” Facteau said. “This is really an opportunity for SGA to put some recommendations forward what we would like to see within the next dining contract and things we’d like to see improved on campus.”

Facteau outlined five of the task force’s proposals for the renewed contract, starting with a central on-campus dining facility.

“From focus groups, we’ve found that there’s not a huge sense of community felt within dining on campus, so this is a way to address that problem and multiple other problems on campus,” Facteau said.

Facteau said the dining task force would also propose that Auburn and Auburn Athletics have the same food provider, rather than two separate providers.

Facteau also said the task force would request new dining plan options for students.

“Currently we only have two meal plan options," Facteau said. "Students want more options and more variety when choosing a meal plan."

Other proposals included increased nutritional options and transparency, as well as more affordable on-campus dining options.

SGA also confirmed its new executive officers, including Facteau, EVP of Marketing Jennings Bowden, EVP of Programs Faith Webb, EVP of Outreach Bri Thomas and Chief of Staff Jacob Tofani. 

Share and discuss “SGA discusses new dining task force initiatives” on social media.