Parking Services moves to new registration platform

The South Quad parking deck is home to the parking services office.

Auburn Parking Services has selected a new registration platform that will go live July 10 for students and faculty. Parking Services' current parking software platform, BOSSCARS is no longer supported by the University OIT department. 

The OIT department and Parking Services narrowed the selection to three parking software platforms, T2, AIMS and NuPark. NuPark was selected after presentations and research.

Changes with new registration software: 

Don Andre, director of Parking Services, said with the new platform comes new parking regulations and tools for operation. 

With BOSSCARS, citations directly billed a student's eBill. With the new platform, students and faculty will be given 10 days to pay the citation in person at the Parking Services office on Lem Morrison Road. 

After 10 days, the citation will be billed to the student's eBill and faculty members will receive a payroll reduction. 

Possible starting March 2018, is a new text notification system for towing and wheel-locking. Previously, once cars were towed or wheel locked, owners had to go to the Parking Services office, pay the fine, return to the vehicle and wait for the car to be released. 

With the new texting system, owners would be notified by text if their car was wheel locked or towed. Immediately they could pay the fine online from their phone or computer and Parking Services, once notified of the payment, would release the vehicle. 

"It's good customer service for a bad situation," Andre said. 

Without the constant use of tickets, Andre said the new notification system is more sustainable. There are other features included in the NuPark package that is being considered by Auburn Parking Services. 

Share and discuss “Parking Services moves to new registration platform” on social media.